- About Us
- Adult Ministry
- Bible Study
- Care and Support
- Church Partnerships
- Opportunities to Serve
- Stewardship Reflections
- Children & Youth
- News & Events
Board of Deacons
The Board of Deacons aids the Pastors in determining the character of public worship, forms, and rites, and assists them in caring for the spiritual life of the parish.
- Usually meets on the first Monday of the month at 7:30-9:00 p.m.
- Deacons welcome new members, coordinate ushers, accept responsibility for all in-discernment candidates for ministry, recruit greeters, recruit and schedule lay readers and provide training, deliver flowers at Easter and Christmas to shut-ins, are responsible for Lay Care Givers in the church, assist with baptisms, prepare and serve Holy Communion, and participate in Christmas, Lenten, and other special services such as Maundy Thursday and Confirmand Sunday.
- Members rotate responsibilities for preparing the sanctuary for worship each Sunday, special activities, and periodically evaluate the order and content of worship.
- Deacons are also charged with keeping the church roll accurate.
- In addition to the monthly meeting, a deacon will spend about two to three hours each month (on average) fulfilling responsibilities outside of participation in the worship service itself.
- The Altar Guild Subcommittee is in charge of supplying chancel flowers and changing paraments. They also decorate the sanctuary for Christmas and Easter.
- The Usher Subcommittee helps welcome and seat the congregation during worship.
- The Lay Caregivers Subcommittee provides ongoing visitation and care to shut-ins or members in need of companionship. Each caregiver is assigned a single shut in, and spends about an hour a month visiting.
- The Memorial Garden Subcommittee maintains the Memorial Garden as a place of beauty, meditation and for interment of ashes.
- The Tape Ministry Subcommittee records the service weekly and prepares audio copies of the service for distribution.