Working in collaboration with a variety of religious and secular organizations, the Christian Action Committee promotes peace, well-being and faith in the communities we serve with the goal of transforming the lives of congregation members and those in need.
• Usually meets on the third Monday of the month at 7:00-8:30 p.m
• The Christian Action Committee facilitates, organizes and provides opportunities for our members to participate in people-to-people missions both locally and in the wider world.
• Coordinates the preparation and serving of the evening meal once a month at Columbus House ( Every 4th Thursday).
• Sponsors Saturday Habitat build days in New Haven during the fall and spring.
• Coordinates efforts with Temple Beth Sholom to conduct a Red Cross Blood drive (twice a year).
• Organizes efforts by the congregation to support Covenant to Care with a local social worker to provide school materials, household goods, holiday sustenance and gifts to struggling families.
• Provides furnishings and furniture for an apartment operated by Christian Community Action.
• Works jointly with Christian Tabernacle Church to support Ella B. Scantlebury Senior Residence on Dixwell Avenue through monthly visits on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Residents are a lively set of senior African American ladies.
• Farmer’s Market Subcommittee provides a weekly outdoor market in the summer months, held in the church parking lot, which provides the neighborhood with locally grown fresh farm products directly from local farmers and local baked goods by local bakeries. Entertainment is also provided for lively summer family afternoon fun.
Committee meeting minutes are viewable to members logged in to this website.