- About Us
- Adult Ministry
- Bible Study
- Care and Support
- Church Partnerships
- Opportunities to Serve
- Stewardship Reflections
- Children & Youth
- News & Events
Christian Education Committee
The Christian Education Committee guides the educational ministry of the church by supporting the children’s church school, confirmands, youth group, adult education, and intergenerational activities. The committee provides oversight and leadership around educational opportunities that encourage and nurture the life-long process of faith formation. The CE committee usually meets on the third Monday of the month at 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Main areas of responsibility include:
General Coordination Efforts
• Understand and support the values of the congregation regarding Christian Education.
• Plan internal education activities with an outward-focused perspective to encourage church growth and welcome new members.
• Lend support and encouragement to the pastors in their leading of the youth group and confirmation classes. Help coordinate children and youth participation in service activities and worship.
• Assist the CE coordinator in the planning of children’s programs, as well as intergenerational events.
• Ensure compliance with Safe Church policy and suggest modifications as needed.
• Arrange child care for various church functions and special events.
Church School and Youth Group
• Create an inclusive and welcoming environment to attract new families.
• Committee members guide and support the Christian Education Coordinator in planning and implementing the church Sunday school programs that serve 65 children from Pre-K to 6th grade.
• With CE Coordinator, plan and oversee Summer Sunday School curricula.
• Arrange toddler care with a dedicated child care provider to encourage parents to participate in worship.
• Collaborate with Youth Group leaders to support joint activities among children, youth and adults.
• Assist CE Director in organizing family friendly celebrations such as Rally Day, Advent craft festival, Christmas family worship service, Advent potluck dinner, Christmas participative play, and Palm Sunday intergenerational activities.
• Supports service projects including UNICEF and Marketplace for Giving.
• Collaborate with pastors and Adult Education lay leaders to sponsor a variety of opportunities for learning and Christian formation for adults. These include Bible Studies, Lenten Small Groups, Advent reflection groups, Meditation, Book discussions, Interfaith forums, and retreats in consultation with the pastors.