- About Us
- Adult Ministry
- Bible Study
- Care and Support
- Church Partnerships
- Opportunities to Serve
- Stewardship Reflections
- Children & Youth
- News & Events
Confirmation Class 2012-2013
Our teachers for the 7th and 8th graders are Alex Roman and Karlee Etter. For the whole school year, Karlee and Alex will meet with the 7th and 8th graders during regular worship for an innovative program based on scripture, prayer and community building. In the second semester, the 8th graders will meet after Church (11:30-12:30) for a 12 session Confirmation program, led by Pastor Clare, Pastor Jeff, and Karlee Etter. This is a great chance to learn about the goals of the program, and to have any questions answered. Inquires? Please call Pastor Clare.
Goals of the Confirmation Program
Goals of the Spring Glen Church
Goals for Confirmands
- To help prepare our young people to make the decision to say “yes” to their baptism.
- To help young people develop a real and relevant relationship with the God of Jesus Christ.
- To help young people connect faith with everyday actions choices and practices.
- To grow in relationship with God and one another through fellowship, learning and service.
- To understand that faith in God is a journey of a lifetime and that Confirmation is and important step in that journey.
- To be ready to take that step by saying “yes”, I want to be confirmed.
Goals for Parents
- To think about your own relationship with God, your church experiences, and your faith and share these with your child.
- To be open to questions that your child might have during their confirmation journey.
- To treat Confirmation as you would school, sports music or art, and encourage and support your child in the Confirmation process.
- The Bible
- Holy Spirit
- Baptism and Communion
- Saints (Faithful people in our church)
- Christianity and Other Religions
- Life of the Spring Glen Church
- Church History & Denominational History
- The Faith Journey continues
Click below to view Confirmation calendar: