The mission of the House Committee is to ensure the Church community a place where it can worship in comfort and to provide the greater community a place for meetings, celebrations, recreation, and solace.
- Usually meets the first Monday of the month at 7:00-8:30 p.m. and as needed.
- The House Committee maintains, repairs, secures and improves the buildings and grounds. Committee members plan repairs and renovations to the buildings and grounds.
- Members can work on projects by themselves or on special committee work days or evenings. This may be in conjunction with people outside the committee recruited just for a specific project.
- Time obligations are up to the members, but might vary from 1-4 hours per month (in addition to a 1½ hour meeting once a month).
- A few times a year, there is a 3-hour “work day” when other church members join the committee to help with sprucing-up projects.
- Members also share the overseeing of work hired out to contractors.
- Members with experience in building and repair trades would be very helpful.